Thursday, June 18, 2015

Shatter Me TV Show!!!

OH MY GOODNESS. Have you heard the NEWS???

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi has been opted to be a TV SHOW. That's these books here:
(Just for clarification, this is a trilogy series. The bottom two are e-novellas.)

*flailing in circles*

ABC Signature Studios just snagged up the rights! And to add, Tahereh Mafi will be a consulting producer! GUYS THIS IS AWESOME.

Ignoring my biased hyperventilation, what do you guys think about this? Nervous? Excited? Not sure? Don't think it'll be any good? Or maybe you didn't like the series? (that's fine! I'm not going to hate you! There are a few series that I didn't like, but everyone loved, so I understand!) Or maybe you think YA adaptations are doomed? (I hope they aren't...)

No idea when it'll be coming out, but fingers crossed it will be both soon. I loved this series, so I'm hoping that the show will do it justice and be fantastic, but only time will tell...

(For those who haven't heard of Shatter Me, here's the blurb :) And if it sounds interesting, you can check it out on Goodreads here)

I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! Spread the news, because this is BIG!

      Delete
  2. I have to get to this series. I feel so ashamed that I haven't read it. Oh don't hate me :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shatter Me is definitely a good series! Hope you like it!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I've dropped the ball yet again! Is this a 5 star series? but seriously, I LOVE those covers! Gorgeous :D

    Cody @ http://literary-lyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this series really good, and I absolutely loved the last book! The writing style is really unique. I'd recommend you check it out if you have time! :)

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out! http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/2015/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I recently was awarded it, so I'm just going to wait a bit before doing it again. Again, thank you! :)

      Delete